Driving the Just Trains/Kilosim LNER K4

General discussion about Rail Simulator that doesn't really fit in to any specific category. A good place to start if you're not sure what category it should fit in to as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Driving the Just Trains/Kilosim LNER K4

Postby black8 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:05 pm

Does anybody know how to drive the LNER K4 correctly, especially how to avoid running out of water. I drive in advanced mode with the active fireman turned on. The loco uses a lot of water and seems not to react to the injectors. Is the active fireman supposed to take care of filling the boiler too? On certain scenarios the loco runs out of water. The manual does not say anything about this as far as I have seen.

Another issue: Is there a way or a patch that prevents the smoke and exhaust to be blown violently to the side as if there is a tornado-like side wind?

Thanks,
Jos
'Why is it that the railway station is so far away from the village?'
The local pauses for a while, then replies:
'They thought it would be a good idea to build it next to the railway line.....'

(Dent Station on the Settle & Carlisle)
black8
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Driving the Just Trains/Kilosim LNER K4

Postby black8 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:16 pm

'Thanks' for the no responses :lol: but never mind, I got it worked out. The active fireman is actually taking care of the filling of the boiler, that's for sure. I still don't know exactly why the K4 was running out of water on several occasions but I have been driving a few scenarios again paying more attention to the boilerpressure and steam usage and the boiler filled up OK and in a timely matter. I think there may have been a problem that there was not enoigh steam left for the injectors to fill the boiler, especially when going up-hill. Having solved the problem I can really recommend the K4; really fun to drive. Sounds and steam effects are very nicely done. Nice extra is also the 2nd loco 'answering' the 1st (pilot) loco's whistle when double heading.

Leaves only the problem that in some cases (not always) the smoke and exhaust is blown violently to the side. Does anybody know how to remedy this?

Thanks,
Jos
black8
Very Active Forum Member

Postby emrhd01 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Sorry Jos, but I think you got no replies as you posted this in the RS (Rail Simulator) section of the Forum and very few visit that section these days. :wink: :lol: :D

Anyway glad you are all sorted out now.
Rob.
Better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all.
emrhd01
Very Active Forum Member

Postby black8 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:52 pm

Thanks Rob. I did not know I posted this in the wrong place. :o
black8
Very Active Forum Member

Return to [RS] General RS Discussion