1876 Sharp Stewart 0-6-0 Tank engine model

If you are user of the excellent Abacus TrainSim Modeler, meet up with other users of this product here.

Moderator: Moderators

1876 Sharp Stewart 0-6-0 Tank engine model

Postby mrmosky on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 pm

My second locomotive model is started. It is going to be a Sharp Stewart tank loco from about 1876. These were produced for a few railways, notably Brecon and Merthyr. Cannock Chase Colliery Company had one, which was still in use in the 1950's. Here are some pictures of the engine type. I don't have any drawings, so it will have to be done from photographs, although I have some overall dimensions to help with the scaling.
sharp_stewart.jpg

1-ss-no-6.jpg

This is how it looks so far. Not much to see I know, but you have to start somewhere!
Sharp1.JPG

Geoff
mrmosky
Getting the hang of things now

Re: 1876 Sharp Stewart 0-6-0 Tank engine model

Postby mrmosky on Sat May 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Sharp2.JPG

Not much progress this week. I have been busy with other things. However, I have checked the scale of the model as best as I can. Some of the pictures I was using for reference were of a slightly different model. The wheelbase was different for one thing. I have been researching the loco, and there is a chance there are drawings in the Natiional Rain Museum archives. I might see if I can establish communication with someone there to find out.
Geoff
mrmosky
Getting the hang of things now

Return to Abacus TS Modeler