Unrecoverable Error

Users of the Amabilis product 3D Canvas, that has now had to change its name to 3D Crafter can find continuing discussions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Unrecoverable Error

Postby dlljones on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:43 pm

Coincidence maybe but since the last Windows 10 update earlier this week I can't open any version of 3D Crafter 9 or 10. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with a registry clean inbetween each one but to no avail. This is the message I keep getting:

"An unrecoverable error has occurred. If you continue to receive this message please let us know on the problem reports forum at http://www.amabilis.com/forum. (#91)"

I have reported the matter on the amabilis forum and await the reply but if anyone has a solution in the meantime I would be most grateful to read about it.

Many thanks

Llew
dlljones
Well Established Forum Member

Re: Unrecoverable Error

Postby briyeo1950 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi Llew

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10, I have it on automatic updates so Win10 should be at the same state as yours I would expect. I am using 3D Crafter 9.3.0. 1620 and 3DC Plugins 9.3.

It's working okay, but if I have done something on the PC before opening up Crafter (I'm not exactly sure what at the moment) I then have no mouse control within the scene at all. A restart of the PC fixes that though.

I hope you get it up and running soon.
briyeo1950
Very Active Forum Member

Postby dlljones on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:36 pm

Hello Brian

Nice to hear from you again and I hope you are well. I do keep an eye out on the work you are doing and must say that I am envious of your skills! The work you are producing is to a very high professional standard.

As for me I'm still plodding along in the slow lane but still enjoy producing the odd nameplate or two here and there and occasionally a scenery item or repaint.

Thanks for your reply. I've somehow managed to get version 9.2 to work but it's very temperamental at times and quite often freezes. 9.3 and later still do not work for me. That said I can get by and in spite of its quirks it is still a remarkable bit of kit for the outlay and has given me hours of pleasure much to the annoyance of 'er indoors!!!

Best wishes

LLew
dlljones
Well Established Forum Member

Postby briyeo1950 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:10 pm

I get a few weird things happening Llew, the gizmo down in the bottom left corner gives me problems at times, the red green and blue axis move about and overlap each other at times. If it gets too bad I just restart and go again. It wouldn't be fun if it was too easy would it. :) Lots of crashes also but the program usually lets you recover your work. Glad to hear you are up and running again.
briyeo1950
Very Active Forum Member

Return to 3D Crafter